Platform Developer (Docker, NoSQL, MySQL, Git, bash, AWS, etc.)
Do you enjoy wielding the power to create, scale up, down, in and out compute clusters in the cloud? Are you a technical puppet master able to automate and extend build systems? Do you think not using a button on a web browser to deploy an entire compute cluster is so 2010? Are you an entrepreneurial spirit with strong closing abilities? Do you dream of containerization and virtualization systems and think the cloud is not big enough for the software you help deploy? Do you dream of building your army of automated robots to find bugs in the matrix?
Then TouchTunes may be looking for you!
TouchTunes is the largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, featured in over 71,000 bars and restaurants across North America and Europe. Our network supports a growing portfolio of location-based digital solutions that encourage social interactions through shared experiences.
TouchTunes is looking for a Platform Developer skilled in developing microservices and the platform it runs on to work in our Services Platform Division.
The Platform Developer, with architects, production leads, technical leads, software developers, and IT staff will analyze, maintain, develop and create the microservices infrastructures, microservices and microservice ETL services that power all of TouchTunes products.
- Maintain, operate, and evolve our microservices infrastructure: The microservices infrastructure is composed of Docker containers running under MESOS. This system runs all of our next generation APIs, servers and backend data crunching services.
- Maintain and create ETL microservices: We need data. Data for the client application features (jukebox, mobile, back office products), we need data for analytics. We constantly need to expand our suite of Python based ETL services
- Create and maintain tools and applications to enhance our ability to rapidly develop on, monitor, and operate our microservices infrastructure
- Help enforce the "continuous integration" paradigm for every development team
- Support various development and operations groups by providing them a standardized process, from code push to deployment to operation.
- 5 + years of experience with a D.E.C. or BAC in computer science or engineering
- Experience developing applications with MySQL and NoSQL backing stores
- In-depth knowledge of Git, understanding of branching techniques and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and how distributions are made and built.
- Excellent knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker)
- Excellent knowledge of clustering technologies and proxies.
- Excellent software development and scripting skills (bash)
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS services and management systems.
- Essential - Self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision
- Experience in medium to large development group, especially in respect to source code management
- Experience with developing applications in Oracle is a plus
- Software development and scripting skills using Java and Python is a plus
- Knowledge of Puppet deployment and configuration automation system is a plus
- Knowledge of Jenkins and Gerrit is a plus
- Some knowledge of other containerization technologies like LXC and Jails is a plus.
- Bilingualism (written and spoken)
- Authorized to work in Canada
Click here to visit the TouchTunes website.