McMaster University – Faculty of Engineering
At McMaster Engineering, we pride ourselves on providing a world-class education and fostering a welcoming, diverse community.
The world is facing major challenges ranging from water quality to fighting disease, to building the next generation vehicle. Engineers of the future must meet these challenges by using critical thinking skills, ingenuity and ambition.
At McMaster Engineering, we are committed to improving society through our research-focused, student-centred approach to education.
Why choose Mac Eng?
- McMaster Engineering offers a common first year, where students are exposed to different aspects of engineering before entering a stream in second year.
- Up to 30 combinations of specialization between our streams, 5-year options, and co-op.
- The co-op program is flexible, which allows students to pick work terms that best fit their courses, personal life and desired experience.
- Our vibrant student community will help you integrate into university on both an academic and social level. Students will always find a home in Mac Eng that is unique to them.
- McMaster University is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world .
- McMaster’s Faculty of Engineering is ranked in the top 10 engineering universities in Canada
Students can begin in our Engineering 1 common first year, which leads into Bachelor of Engineering degree specializations:
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering & Bioengineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Software Engineering (Embedded Systems)
- Engineering & Management (choose any of the 4 year program specializations to pair with a management focus)
- Engineering & Society (choose any of the 4 year program specializations to pair with a Societal focus)
Students can also enter directly into the following first year program options:
McMaster attracts top students from across Canada and around the world. You will be working with peers who share the same goal of developing knowledge, solving problems, and sharing their findings with the world. Complete your Master’s or Doctoral degrees in one of our 3 schools or departments:
- School of Biomedical Engineering - M.A.Sc., Ph.D.
- School of Computational Engineering and Science - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- W Booth School of Engineering Practice & Technology - M.E.E.I., M.E.P.P., M.E.D., M.T.E.I.
- Chemical Engineering - M.A.Sc., Ph.D.
- Civil Engineering - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D.
- Computing and Software - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering - M.Eng.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D.
- Engineering and Public Policy - MEPP
- Engineering Design - M.EngDesign
- Engineering Entrepreneurship and Innovation - MEEI
- Engineering Physics - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing Engineering - M.Eng.
- Materials Engineering - M.A.Sc
- Materials Science - M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Materials Science and Engineering - M.A.Sc., Ph.D.
- Mechanical Engineering - M.A.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D.
- Software Engineering - Ph.D.
- Systems and Technology - M.Eng.
- Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation - MTEI
- UNENE Nuclear Engineering - GPip., M.Eng.
Women in Engineering Society
The Women in Engineering Society at McMaster works in coordination with our youth outreach and summer camp programs to reach young women in elementary schools and high schools. Through the annual Big/Little Sisters BBQ and Speaker Night, we allow students and faculty to better strengthen relationships and build lasting connections!
The Women in Engineering Executive plans numerous social events throughout the year, bringing together students and faculty for relationship and career-building activities.
Past Scholarship Winners
2016 CEMF Ambassador Ontario
2013 CEMF Ambassador Ontario
2014 CEMF Claudette MacKay-Lassonde Graduate Engineering Ambassador Award
2015 Vale Undergraduate Engineering Ambassador Award
2009 Vale Undergraduate Engineering Ambassador Award
2008 AMEC Masters Award
Faculty of Engineering
905-525-9140 EXT. 27174